Friday, August 1, 2008

five months and counting....i'm back!!

I understand it has been quite some time since I've taken the time to put a post up. And really, the past few posts have been relegated to videos and pictures and looking at the past. Much really has happened over the past couple of months, but if I continue to try to play catch up with Colin's life, I may never actually make it to the present. Allow me to give a quick recap followed by an outline for me new goals for what is truly "colin's blog". It is called 'blogginforcolin' for a reason.

As of our latest appointment with the doctor, Colin is growing "up" at a surprising rate -- in the 90th percentile for height, clocking in at just under 27 inches long. His weight on the other hand is still only around twelve pounds, and looks quite like a string bean. We have no concern over any of this, however, and his doctor says he is doing great. He is also eating a TON, both from mommy and from his cereal/soy formula combination. For anyone interested, he is a HUGE fan of happyBellies, a new brand of infant cereal developed with the help of Dr. Sears. Plus, you've gotta love their look :)

He had his first full blown family vaca at beautiful Ocean Isle, NC. A part of me would have complained to no end prior to Colin's exsistence about having to schlep all that we needed when we took him to the beach, just for him to spend a few minutes in the water. But I ended up surprising myself at how much I loved doing it for him -- not withstanding my frustration with the wind's effects on his little tent.

We also discovered (although we really already knew) that I am probably going to be more of the prude when it comes to protecting Colin. My nerves were on edge as Rebecca was "playing" with him in the pool. By the end of the week, though, I became confident in myself as well as her at handling Colin around the water.

Since getting back from vacation we've kept ourselves pretty busy and Colin as well. Between events with my family, and with Rebecca's, and not to mention all of our friends, Colin has had no deprivation of attention.

I think that pretty much gets us all caught up to date. My goal from here on out is twofold. First, that I will be much more diligent in keeping this blog current. No more two month breaks (But come on, it was summer!). And second, that this blog will truly be -- Bloggin' For Colin. There will be a plethora of information about and for him, but I also want him to one day understand the world that his parents were living in when he was born. If there's a current event that peaks my interest, I will share that, along with any commentary that I may have. If I am inspired about a particular event through my love for my son, I will share that. However, with all of this said, I will NOT use this blog as a stump from which to proclaim my opinions on the world. At all times, it will be focused on my son, and of course, no shortage of links to photos (rather than being hosted on here) in my new flickr. I'll let you all know where it is when it goes live.

Thanks so much for staying in tune, and I'm sorry (Emma), for not forcing you to watch me change a diaper over and over.

It's good to be back :)

In the meantime, check out my wife's eye: http://www.charlottesouth.org

2 comments:

The Thekkekandams said...

You might have me hooked on this Happy Baby foods... I am going to look for it next time I'm at the Super Target (which seems to be quite often)
Janine

DJ Fish said...

Colin loves the cereal, so far it's his fave. And their real foods, along with our own experimenting with homemade baby food, has inspired us for a possible future business venture...or two or three.