Monday, November 10, 2008

A New Week

Monday's over. I didn't even write on Sunday. Not because I didn't have a chance to, but nothing new really happened. We're  just here. Each day is pretty much the same. The nurses come in. They hook Colin up to the IV pump, give him meds, do some breathing treatments, he eats, he sleeps... and then in a few hours we do it again. It's really not so bad. Colin plays, I try to get some work done, and we make it through the day... putting us one day closer to going home again. 

The doctor still thinks he is going great. We will be getting another chest X-ray on Wednesday and some lab work on Thursday. They will just keep monitoring his progress and enjoying getting to see him every day. One of the nurses Colin had a couple days ago passed me in the hall and asked me how her boyfriend was doing. Today some of the nursing students from UNCC and CPCC were here, so Colin flirted and they played with him a little. The students ask some good questions about CF, and I am glad to be able to share our story with them. They seem interested in how it is diagnosed and what to look for and stuff like that. I think it's great they are learning about CF, even if it's through us.

I don't know if there will be anything noteworthy in the next couple days, but I'll be sure to at least post to say we're still here and doing fine. Until then, goodbye from the LCH!

No comments: